In today's world of acquisitions, mergers and divestitures,
complex financial and legal arrangements can shift hundreds of thousands
(or millions) of dollars in liabilities to either side of the ledger!
M&A has represented clients in both the acquiring and divesting
modes, we've developed significant expertise in this area. Consistency
and flexibility: both are critical to achieving success in mergers and
acquisitions. Compliance requirements, benefits and compensation agreements
- all need to be meticulously reviewed.
- Risk management assessment
- Sarbanes-Oxley (procedures, controls, etc.) analysis
- Non-discrimination testing
- Data mapping and retention analysis
- Documentation and notice compliance review
- Filings audits (such as Form 5500)
- Hidden “trigger events” (change of control provisions,
impact on vesting of non-qualified plans, severance plan audits, etc.)
- Employee status confirmation - (FMLA, USERRA, COBRA)
- Corporate tax and accounting procedures reviews
relative to all benefit plans
- Review/analysis of all fiduciary controls
Our experts are prepared to assist in...
- Cost/benefit analyses for all health and welfare
- Conducting demographic analysis of combined employee population
- Bringing uniformity to the new benefit offerings and
- Reducing or eliminating liabilities attributable to
- Assuring new programs are supportive of the new corporate culture,
strategy and mission
- Assisting with employee communications & the
new HR branding
- Identifying administrative efficiencies
- Providing compliance advisory services to identify hidden liabilities
Our on-staff legal and accounting professionals
can supplement your team to assure that no unnecessary dollars are left
on the table. Unknown liabilities can negate the profit in a transaction,
or may even terminate an otherwise beneficial arrangement. M&A is
committed to assisting your staff to avoid these potentially costly oversights.
Blending corporate cultures during and after acquisitions can be problematic.
Our expertise in this unique area can be a valuable resource to you and
your other professional team members.